Friday, January 23, 2015

Broccolli And Peanut Stirfry

I recently did a body check up and found that my LDL i.e. bad cholestrol levels were a little on higher side. So I have cut down on cakes and cookies. Plus eating some salad. I tried this Brocolli and peanut stir fry and I loved it.

Ingredients:
Broccoli Florets : 1/2 cup
Peanuts : 1/2 cup
Tomato : 1
Oil : 1 tsp
Pepper Powder : 1 tsp
Salt according to Taste
Lemon Juice : 1 tsp

For tempering:
Oil : 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds : 1 tsp
Urad Dal : 1/2 tsp
Green Chilli : 3-4 (Slit)


Procedure :

1. Soak peanuts for an hour in water.
2. In a pan heat oil and temper with mustard seeds, urad dal, and green chilli,
3. Now add the chopped tomatoes once they turn mushy add; peanuts and water so that the peanuts are cooked well.
4. Now add chopped brocolli and sprinkle with salt and coarse black pepper.
5. Sprinkle lemon juice on top.

P. S : It falls in the category of Salads instead of Stir fry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment