Monday, October 8, 2012

Mutton Masala


As soon as I got married I had to face the challenge of how to cook??? I was not even acquainted with cooking when I had to face the challenge of cooking non-veg for my husband. My MIL was an expert at cooking fish. But she didn't have much expertise in cooking mutton. So I began my search for an Mutton recipe when I found this recipe on some site. 

Ingredients:
Mutton- 1kg
Onion-2
Tomato-2
Garlic- 10 pods
Chili Powder- 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder- 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder- 1 tsp
Salt- 1tsp

Spices:
Pepper Corns- 1 tsp
Fennel Seeds- 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds- 1tsp
Cinnamon- 1 inch piece
Cloves- 3-4
Cardamom- 2-3

Procedure:
1. In a cooker put the add all the ingredients (other than the spices) along with 1 cup of water and cook it for 5-6 whistles.
2. In a seasoning pan roast all the spices till it turns slightly brown, once cooled grind it in a mixer (without water). 
3. In a pan heat 2 tbsp oil and add 20 curry leaves and transfer all the contents of the cooker into the pan.
4. Heat it till all the water evaporates and till we get a dry gravy.









No comments:

Post a Comment